Thursday, October 18, 2012

Projects coming up

I have a huge pile of things accumulating that need to get done for the Holidays! I'm getting so excited! 

              I purchased this fabric from funkaliciousfabrics! The have the most cute knit all in one place that i've ever seen.  This will be our Christmas pajamas this year.  I plan on using PeekaBoo Pattern shop's pattern for pajamas for the girls.  Why did I chose breakfast fabric instead of cute Christmas fabric? well, I feel silly wearing Santa in July. I wear pajamas all year round and if I'm going to invest money in this, I want them to be worn enough to make it worth it and wear out.  :) plus, my husband is known as the Breakfast king in my house.  when he is home he ALWAYS makes breakfast, french toast, waffles, pancakes, breakfast burritos, eggs, bacon.. etc.  The only thing I make better is omelets! :) and that's a RARE occasion. so, it fits us! 

          And for my husband and myself i'll use New Look pattern 6765.  it's my go to pattern every year. it doesn't have a taper leg, it's super comfortable and roomy and like it says, it's easy.  :)  I love that I can sew and make sure I have long enough length for my husband.  His inseam is 38 and it's ALMOST impossible to find jeans for him, let alone pajamas. 
I also got two shirts for my husband and I to go with them:!  I'm super excited this year.  My credit card sure isn't happy about it though.  gulp.  I need to earn some more money fast so I don't feel so guilty. 


Next up Is something i'm super excited about! 

              I purchased these fabrics from xo.gigi fabrics  I love them!!! the picture doesn't give the colors justice! I'm super happy too because I washed some Walmart fabrics at the same time and when I took them out they were ALL tied up together with all those strings.  when I got them all apart, you could tell it was mostly from the Walmart fabrics.  You can always tell when fabric is cut straight because of how little they unravel in the wash.  THANKS GUYS FOR CUTTING SO NICE!  

          With this, I'm making a cute, girly and frilly apron for my daughter's Christmas present to go with her play kitchen she will HOPEFULLY get.  If there is enough left, i'd love one for me.  I know it's super juvenile, but it's fun and pink and girly!!! Who wouldn't want one? :) 

The tutorial for this pattern is found here. I will also use this idea with the Velcro tie and sorta use the size they talk about in this tutorial
UPDATE: TO CHECK OUT MY APRONS FINISHED, CLICK HERE

        Another thing I need to sew is a stocking for my newest member of the family! I have matching stockings I did a few years ago and I was thinking of doing something like this with it and not putting her name on it.  We still plan on having another baby or two and that way the baby can always use it.  when she grows, I can make a normal one with her name on it.  I don't know how much fabric I have anymore of the matching, but I figure i'll run out soon and be able to do all new ones in a few years anyway.  I just love this idea and it makes me laugh.  :) not even sure where I saw this, but made sure to save a picture.  maybe i'll find it before I post about it.  

I have a friend who asked me to make her some of my famous burp rags.  I say famous because she says it's all over Pinterest.  I had no idea! :) that's pretty cool.  My tutorial for that is found here
UPDATE:   I did finish this project, but forgot to take pictures of them. I ended up using fluffier chenille for this because I could not find chenille at Joann's anywhere.  I hope they wash and wear awesome! :) 

         These are in no particular order or anything, but something else I am pretty excited about and something that I feel very honored to be asked to do.  I am making 5 teddy bears out of clothing for a friend.  She tragically lost her son in a car accident about a year ago or so.  I sadly didn't know him, but I feel that he was a very special man who was needed on the other side to help others learn about the gospel.  I have some of his clothes here and I feel a sort of reverence about it that I don't really know how to explain.  I walk by and look at the clothes and feel my heart twinge a little. We hope to have his name embroidered on each of the bears' foot.  I HOPE I have the ability to make these turn out super special and amazing.

        I have never sewn a teddy bear before and I am afraid I won't be able to do it.  The pattern we have chosen to use is McCalls Craft 6135. The cheapest I could find it was on Amazon and still paid $11.00. It's a now out of print pattern. That ALWAYS happens to me! I fall in love with the stuff you can't have anymore.  I must have good taste! :) WISH ME LUCK on this one, I will REALLY need it.  


    With this fabric i'm making a cute tote bag for my daughter to take to her dance class and keep her shoes in it to and from and as she grows a little she can keep her dance skirt etc. in it. 

I purchased this fabric and then was asking myself what I was going to make with it.  I Google-d  ballet tote bag and this one came up.  It's exactly what I wanted to make.  This has instructions  pattern and ballet slippers applique pattern.  Awesome and so cute!!! Not sure how i'll use the fabric exactly, but I will.  funny thing is, on her blog this exact fabric is listed right above the links to her tutorial and things.  

UPDATE: I did not end up making this bag for Christmas, It got insane and I ran out of time. I also wanted to use maybe canvas or find a pink that matched the fabric above for this bag.  I just didn't get to it. also, she doesn't have anything to bring to dance yet. Maybe when she is a little older and has skirts or whatever than she will need it. i'll make it though, someday.. i'm not worried. :)

I also need to make some monkey bum pants in minkee fabric to go with some shirts and things for them.  we are a sweat pants wearing group when we have no where to go and nothing to do.. which is often.  ok.. my daughter changes clothes about 8 times a day and I can't keep an outfit on her, so she is exempt from that statement. :) If you don't remember what monkey bum pants are: 
Terras Treasures has a ton of cute patterns. 
also, this pattern from Sunnu is JUST the pattern piece and the fit is a little more loose and comfy than the previous pattern I guess.  I have not tried it yet.  
I see these ADORABLE outfits by funkey monkey all the time and love them! 

         That's it for now I guess! I gotta go because while I was on here, my daughter dumped a whole brand new box of cereal out all over the living room and was dumping them in and out of her pots and pans.  I know she was playing, but all I see is MESS and $$$$.  I really need a break. 


UPDATE:  I did make some of these, and I think for the baby I prefer the Sunnu"s pattern because there is more room in there for her chubby cute legs! (shown below) I wish the sizes went up higher on them though to make for my 3 year old.  I did make the Terras Treasures one for my 3 year old in minkee and they again are super tight in the legs.  she is skinny too. So, If I make more for her, i'll probably just do a lounge or pajama pant pattern for her. 



2 comments:

  1. Thanks for the shout out :) I hope your kids love them as much as mine do! My girly is in her pair right now :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi! I just ran across this. The monkey pants pattern is more like leggings with a flare at the bottom. So minkey probably isn't stretchy enough for them. I do have a new monkey pants pattern that has more room in them. I would be more than willing to send it to you if you would like. My email is Terrastreasures1@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete